Same page jump links
Back to Top
- Archives & Special Collections
- Collections of books and periodicals (c.48,000) which, for a variety of reasons, are held apart from the main library areas, are housed in the Archives & Special Collections Department of the Harriet Irving Library. Also found here are c.6,066 ft. of UNB's institutional records and private papers (historical and literary) relevant to New Brunswick.
- Beat Collection
- The Beat Collection at Hans W. Klohn Commons contains books, periodicals, Reference and audio-visual materials by and about the prominent American literary group of the nineteen-fifties, sixties and seventies called "The Beats".
- Canadian Labour Papers
- This microfilm collection contains labour publications from 1872 until the 1970's, the majority of which are or were official organs of Canadian or international labour organizations, while the remainder are sponsored by fraternal groups, political parties, and private individuals.
- Eileen Wallace Children's Literature
- The Eileen Wallace Children's Literature Collection at Harriet Irving Library is the largest research collection of its kind in Atlantic Canada. The collection contains comprehensive holdings of Atlantic Canadian literature for children and has overarching strengths in folklore, notable Canadian children's books, and reproduction and original popup/moveable books.
- Film & Video Collection
- The UNB Libraries film collection at Harriet Irving Library consists of nearly 2000 VHS and DVD formatted feature and documentary films. Pulling together exemplary productions from around the globe, the collection is continually expanding to support the teaching and learning objectives of various UNB and STU departments and faculty members.
- Government Documents, Data & Maps
- The Government Documents Collection reflects the work undertaken by governments in Canada and around the world on social issues, policy and legislation, and the basic elements of citizenship. We are a depository library for several jurisdictions and organizations including Depository Services Program (Canada), including Statistics Canada publications.
- The Data Collection includes diverse statistical and data resources categorized into General Sources, Canadian Statistical Sources, United States Statistical Sources, and International Statistical Sources.
- The Cartographic Collection includes a print collection, supplemented by a list of useful Internet sites of federal, provincial and international sources of cartographic material. We are a depository library for the federal Canada Map Office.
- Loyalist Collection
- The Loyalist Collection at Harriet Irving Library is a repository of Loyalist resources which is unique in Canada, contains microfilm of British, North American Colonial, and early Canadian primary sources from approximately 1740 - 1870, with the chief focus being the American Revolution, and the early years of Loyalist settlement in British North America.
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Collection
- The Science Fiction and Fantasy circulating monograph collection at the Hans W. Klohn Commons contains approximately 15,000 items. The collection supports and supplement UNB teaching and research, and where possible, extracurricular interests.
- SOULS - Search Other Uncatalogued Library Stuff
- SOULS is a database which contains records for items which were not migrated from Quest to WorldCat. We are currently working on upgrading these records; however, until such time as this is complete there are still thousands of items which you'll find in SOULS, but not in WorldCat. The bulk of the records in SOULS are from the Government Documents collection as well as the Engineering and Science Libraries, but there are also a good number of items from the Microforms collection and the Law Library.
- UNB Scholar Research Repository
- UNB Scholar is an institutional repository initiative of UNB Libraries intended to collect, preserve, showcase, and promote the open access scholarly output of the UNB community. Use UNB Scholar to explore specific collections, or search all content in the repository.
- UNB Theses & Dissertations
- For well over 100 years, UNB has offered graduate degrees which have had thesis requirements. Information is provided about how these UNB theses and dissertations are made available in various formats.