Distance Education Library Service (Fredericton)
Students who live outside the Fredericton or Saint John community AND are enrolled in one or more courses that do not require on-campus attendance are welcome to register for Distance Education Library Services.
As a registered UNB /STU Distance Education student, you have full access from home to the wide range of print and electronic collections through UNB Libraries. To access online materials from off-campus locations you will need your UNB / STU email address (which acts are your login) and password.
Don't have a student card? Student cards include a barcode which is used in registering for Distance Education Library Services (see below). UNB students can request one online through My e-Services (Personal tab -> Part-time student photo id request form). STU students should call 506-452-0530.
Most registered Distance Education students living in Canada are eligible for delivery of books from the UNB collection to your home address free of charge. Journal articles are typically delivered online.
Print materials are sent out by regular mail / courier service, with return postage provided by the library. You are responsible for returning materials on time.
If you live near another Canadian university, you can likely borrow their books with a CURBA card.
To request delivery of a UNB Library book follow these steps:
- Find your UNB / STU barcode.
- Register for UNB Libraries Distance Learning Services (you only need to do this once during your time at UNB).
- Find the item you want in UNB WorldCat to confirm it is in the UNB Libraries collection.
- Submit a Document Delivery Request.
- Fill in basic bibliographic information: Author / Title / Edition (if necessary) / Publisher / Date of Publication. Verify that the Delivery Method is "Mail" and that the address is correct (edit if necessary).
- The item will then be sent to you.
Your loan period for UNB books is 2 weeks (undergraduate) or a term (graduate). Borrowed materials are subject to recall by another borrower.
You can renew library materials except for items recalled by another borrower or overdue material.
Requesting Journal Articles
Ask Us for Help
- Phone Distance Education Services:
- 506-458-7741 or 1-888-393-8222
- or Email Marc Bragdon, Distance Education Librarian: