Distance Education Library Service (Fredericton)
Most Distance Education students living in Canada are eligible for delivery of books from the UNB collection to their home address free of charge. To access online UNB subscribed materials from off-campus locations you will need your UNB / STU email address (which acts as your login) and password.
Most Distance Education students living in Canada are eligible for delivery of books from the UNB collection to your home address free of charge.
Print materials are sent out by regular mail, with return postage provided by the library. You are responsible for returning materials on time.
If you live near another Canadian university, you can likely borrow their books with a CURBA card.
To request delivery of a UNB Library book follow these steps:
- Find the item you want in UNB WorldCat to confirm it is in the UNB Libraries collection.
- Submit a Document Delivery Request.
- Fill in basic bibliographic information: Author / Title / Edition (if necessary) / Publisher / Date of Publication.
- Set the Delivery Method to "Mail" and add your address in the "FURTHER NOTES ABOUT REQUEST" field.
- The item will then be sent to you.
Your loan period for UNB books is 3 weeks (undergraduate) or a term (graduate). Borrowed materials are subject to recall by another borrower.
You can renew library materials except for items recalled by another borrower or overdue material.
Requesting Journal Articles
Ask Us for Help
- Phone Distance Education Services:
- 506-458-7741 or 1-888-393-8222
- or email Marc Bragdon, Distance Education Librarian: