NB Dept. of Natural Resources
Spatial Data Sharing Agreement
Conditions of Use
All users of Department of Natural Resources files, made available through the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement between the Department of Natural Resources and UNB Libraries, must agree to the following conditions of use:
- DNR retains sole Ownership rights (including copyright) of the products offered under the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement, and this Agreement is only a license to acquire and use these data products. No title or other rights are conveyed by this Agreement.
- These data products are provided 'as is', and the owner makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, as to the appropriateness and fitness for a particular purpose.
- These digital spatial data products are to be used only by registered educators, students and other staff members of this institution (referred to here-in as "Authorized Users") and only while they have such status with this institution.
- These data products are provided for the exclusive purposes of teaching, academic research and publishing, and/or planning of educational services within this educational institution, and may not be used for any other purposes without the explicit written approval, in advance, of Department of Natural Resources.
- Authorized users are prohibited from using these data products in the pursuit of any commercial or income-generating venture either privately, or under the auspices of the educational institution without the explicit written approval, in advance, of Department of Natural Resources.
- The distribution of any digital spatial data obtained under this Agreement through transfer, donation, sale, or exchange of any portion of these data in any way is strictly prohibited. In accordance with this condition the Authorized User agrees not to copy or permit others to copy the products, in whole or in part.
- The publishing of data and analysis resulting from research using any of these data
products is permitted in research communications such as scholarly papers, journals and the
like. The authors of these communications are required to cite Department of Natural Resources
as the source of the data, in the following manner, and to indicate that the result
or views expressed are those of the author/authorized user:
Extract of the data set ... at (scale...)
Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of New Brunswick
Reproduced with the permission of DNR
- Should the Authorized User no longer be associated with this educational institution, or if advised by this educational institution that the licence has been terminated, the Authorized User agrees to return or destroy any and all copies of the digital spatial data in the possession of the Authorized User.
Further information on the conditions of use can be obtained from Siobhan Hanratty, the Data/GIS Librarian for UNB Fredericton (506-451-6803).